This final sound audio post was hard for me to create because I thought that I accomplished most of what I wanted it to be on the rough draft.  I obtained the idea for my audio story from the examples that were posted on the class website, and found them extremely beneficial in helping me create my audio story.  My dad came to visit me during the last weekend, so I thought that it would be a perfect time to interview him and get some audio for my story.  He gave great insight into my project and helped me portray my life through someone else’s eyes.  My main goal in creating this audio story was to share with readers my background, and ultimately to connect with people through my struggles and background in life.  I firmly believe that by sharing a personal story or narrative of your life, a person cannot help but feel a stronger connection to you as an individual.  In my final draft, I ended up only making a few changes.  One of these changes was to raise the volume of my dads speaking part.  I tried to make it match the same volume of my own recording.  Another thing that I fixed on this recording was that I too out a few more ‘umms’ and ‘likes’ and tried to put a few more spaces so the recording sounded more natural. I originally was going to put music into the background of the audio, but decided against it because I felt that it would take away from my audio footage.  For me, it is hard to focus on two things going on at the same time and I didn’t want anything getting in the way of my audience exactly understanding what I was saying.  Like I said above, I didn’t make too many changes, but just minor tweaks to get my audio footage where it needed to be.  


Audition Rough Draft


In this assignment, we were asked to create a sound byte that would represent the topic for our blog.  Since the topic of my blog is ‘All About Me’ I decided to create a piece of media that told about my life and how I came to be at Washington State University.  I hope is that when people listen to my recording, that they will better understand me as a person and can hopefully relate to some of my struggles and experiences that I have had in my life.  I got some of the ideas for my post from some of the examples posted on the class website.  I found that they were very helpful in not only generating ideas for the project, but also for giving a good explanation of what was expected for the project.  I tried to tell my life story and also incorporate some comments from interviewing my dad to back up my points.  In my final, I would like to add perhaps another person to my life account, just to make it more interesting!  I tried to cut out all of the ummm’s and pauses and also tried to keep it so it sounded natural.  I used the razor tool to cut out the unnecessary parts of my speech and used the move tool to move all the sounds right after one another.

Final Logo

When I was just a small child, my mother and I had a hobby of making greeting cards.  On the backside of each hand made card, we put our initials.  The idea for my logo was sparked by this greeting card branding of my younger days.  Since my blog is all about me, I decided that my logo should incorporate my name.  At first glance, my logo has a visible ‘W’ and ‘T’.  However, I hid the letter ‘L’ in the logo by using the right vertical of my ‘W’ and the horizontal top of my ‘T’.  With WLT all strategically meshed together, it forms my initials.  Next, I decided to use the gradient technique for coloring within the letters.  I decided to use my favorite colors.  My favorite color is pink, so naturally, most of the color within my logo is pink.  I also used the colors blue and yellow which are also some of my favorites.  I decided to put the yellow coloring next to the pink because pink is very similar to purple and purple and yellow are complementary colors, so they look very nice together.  I thought that to clarify my design, I needed to provide the rest of the letters to my name.  So, on the right of all three initials, I finished spelling out my name.  I made several changes to my final logo from the draft.  One of these changes was that I was able to get rid of the cross hatches within my letters so the logo as a whole flowed better together.  I also created a shadow behind where I spelled out my last name.  I did this because the peer reviews that I read all mentioned something about making the words pop more.  I thought that by adding a shadow and by changing the font, the words look a lot more prominent and more fluid within the logo.  Another change I made to my final logo was to add a soft gradient hue behind the logo just to make it look like it was all one piece.  I decided to make the gradient with a pink hue and made the opacity only 30%.  I really believe that every aspect of my logo expresses some sort of meaning and can directly relate back to the main topic of my blog, which is all about me.